Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Editing photos for a range of different effects - Aileen Tesoriero

Choosing the software to edit your photos can be a challenge as there is a large range of software available to everyone. You can even get edit software to use on your phone or tablet.

What effects to apply all depends on your view of the world. What I like you may not like. What photos to use is also a personal choice exercise. So I choose four photos taken on our photoshoot at St. Kilda pier. I choose PhotoScapeX Pro to add effects to the four images.

I was so taken by the Kiosk at the end of St. Kilda pier I tried two different effects, the first is called “Emboss”. This gives the appearance of a raised image of the paper.

Figure 1

I next used High Dynamic Range (HDR) effect and colour adjustments on a closer image of the kiosk to get the black Blue green and white image below. This required adjusting the levels of HDR, HDR Vibrance, Lightening shadows, Darkening shadows, moving the contrast, saturation, temperate and tint levels within HDR and Colour effects. Figure 1.

I was looking for a different effect for the image below, wanting a sharp edge effect with a stormy sky to accentuate the two young men in the foreground. By continuing to adjust levels within HDR and Colour efforts I was able to achieve the result shown in figure 2.
Figure 2




Similarly I wanted to show the stark contrast of the starfish against the rock in figure 3 and increased the HDR level to sharpen the image.
Figure 3

No comments:

Post a Comment